Sunday, June 24, 2007

2.5 Month Routine

Wow, I'm actually posting! Must be the weekend!

Life is great here in Griffin Land. We've definitely settled into a good routine with him, and we're all very happy most of the time. Our day starts at around 4:30AM, when Mombi gets up to prep for the day. She washes the breast pumps that I've used during the night, and gets Griffin's breakfast ready for him. He usually wakes up between 4:30 and 5:30, and Mombi changes and feeds him and does his morning exercises. Around 6:00 I get up, pump, and start getting ready for work. I leave around 7:10 after some baby cuddles, and Griffin settles down for a morning nap. He usually sleeps for 1-3 hours, and then wakes up hungry again. After that, the day varies depending on how tired he is, but around 5:00PM I return from work. I entertain the babe while Mombi makes dinner, we spend some family time together, and then Mombi heads to bed around 8 or 9. I start Griffin's bedtime routine (clothes/diaper change, swaddle, 4 oz of milk, and snuggle until comatose) around 8:45, and he usually falls asleep right around 9:30. I pump while I watch him on the monitor to see if he loses his pacifier (pluggie) and replace it as necessary, usually one to three times before he's deeply asleep and/or doesn't notice when he's lost it. I finish pumping, wash any pumps and parts that are dirty so that I'll have them ready to go at 12:30 and 3:30, then head to bed. We all sleep through the night (apart from my nighttime pumpings) and then we start all over the next day.

It really is quite a lovely existance. Busy, but so very worth while!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys have it down pat! I will need some tips when it comes time for us!!!

Supermom said...

Sounds like a great routine. I'm glad you are both enjoying motherhood.

ajs4ever said...

So good to hear from you gals again! Sounds like you have everything under control. He is such a doll!

Amber

Stacey said...

glad things are going well.

Chelle said...

You've been gone too long! Glad it's been going so well.

Unknown said...

Just checking in on you guys and making sure you are doing well!

Supermom said...

Hey where are you? How's Griffin?? We need new pics.

Chelle said...

hope all is well in the land of Griffin!