Thursday, December 13, 2007

Baba Oops


So remember those photos of the fauxhawk the other day?


Well it was at a request by Momai's coworkers and she was at work, so of course I took up the task.


As I've said before I take no where near as good of pictures as Momai's so I knew that I'd have to take /lots/ of them.


Ahem....soooo I went into our bathroom and picked up some of Momai's styling gel thinking I'd give his hair a hand in standing up for the photo shoot.
All of the gels and stuff say uber hold, ultra style, 12 hour spike and stuff like that so I picked the first one that I could reach thinking that "yeah yeah they're all the same."
So I styled the little guy's hair and sure enough it stayed up through the whole photo shoot and all the way up until Momai got home that evening... and through till that night.
As we marveled at the fact that his hair was still standing up Momai asked if I'd used something to help it stay up. Which I answered quickly (with pride at my own cleverness) about the gel (which now that I remember back was the consistancy of almsot dry elmer's glue) and then promptly got a giggle, then a laugh.
Apparently I'd chosen the most powerful styling product that we own, that also happened to be water proof.
Needless to say through all of Griffin's play, washings, hair brushings, sleeping he kept that fauxhawk for about 6 days.
Yes my friends, 6 days; even after it was slicked down it'd still dry and retun to resemble its former style.
I wonder if I should call the company and compliment them on their very effective product?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

so very cute! Just love it!

The Mother Hen said...

That is so funny, mostly because until you mentioned that his hair was styled in a faux hawk in the previous pics, I didn't notice, I went back and looked and wondered how I had missed it. I guess I was enthralled with that cute face instead!

RainbowMomma said...

You have me in stitches, your post was so funny! Your little Griffin is so adorable with a mowhawk.

I should add that although I might not have ever commented here before, your blog was one of the very first I started lurking on when I first discovered these blogs. You have such a precious son!

Anonymous said...

stonecat madsark here - I'm going to be in your part of the universe peri new-years - but I am divested of contact info - does your schedule allow some sort of getting together??? lunch? I'll buy :-)

Mombi said...

Stonecat!!!

Sure m'dear give me a buzz, email is bardicmyth@hotmail.com

Griffin needs to meet his uncle!