Thursday, July 27, 2006

It's official

I've been inseminated!

Mombi picked me up from work and we went to the clinic together. After the IUI, we sat together in the exam room, talking and laughing, while she introduced herself to the swimmers and instructed them on their mission. It was so very sweet. She's going to be an amazing mom!

The radio station that was playing over the intercom system kept putting on songs that were really funny in context. I wish I'd thought to write them down, because I don't remember any of them at the moment. I'm sure I'll remember the next time I hear one of them, though.

After, we stopped at the local gay pride store and did some browsing. I found a very cute children's book called And Tango Makes Three. If you're looking for a good diversity book for kids, I totally recommend it. It's the true story of a pair of male penguins at the Central Park zoo that were a bonded couple. The zookeeper gave them an egg that needed to be cared for, and they worked together to hatch it. The drawings in the book are very cute, and the story is wonderful, especially when you find out that it's a true story. Nothing against Heather Has Two Mommies, but diversity books for children have come so far!

Edit by Mombi, the song list was:

Journey: Don't Stop Believing
Keith Irving: Making Memory
Pointer Sisters: Fire
Aerosmith: Don't Want to Miss a Thing Lionel
Richie: My Love

2 comments:

RHurst said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RHurst said...

That sound's like a really great book! I would love to get that for my daughter, I think diversity is important to teach kids. I'll have to check some local gay pride stores and see what I can find.