Monday, July 31, 2006

A Whole New World

According to the online animation I found the other day, my fertilized egg should be wandering out into the vastness of the uterus some time in the next 24 hours. Of course, Mombi has declared that it is probably an overachiever and that it has already implanted. Actually, I think she used the pronoun "they" as in "more than one fertilized egg." She REALLY wants twins.

By the way, if the voice on the animation sounds familiar, she may be. She does readings for books on CD, and read all of the Clan of the Cavebear books. Mombi and I spent many many commuting hours listening to her read those books, so her voice also makes me think of long-winded explanations of trapping and making fire. Sure, the characters in those books had a much larger area to explore. My little egg will just be bumping around in the dark, looking for a nice soft spot to settle down. Hopefully in a couple weeks we'll be able to see that Big Challenge #2 has been accomplished!

My current state:
I'm still feeling the last bits of abdominal grumpiness from all the fertility drugs, but that's fine by me if it works! I've also realized that since I have all these hormones in my system already (HCG, progesterone, estrogen) that I truly can't count any symptoms of pregnancy that I discover, because they could just as well be from my medications. It's nice, in a way. It's not that I'm not keeping tabs, of course. I just won't believe any that I notice.

No comments: