Sunday, July 23, 2006

Windows shopping

I love research. There's nothing more satisfying for me than to spend hours on the internet preparing for a purchase. I spent a month just deciding which camera to buy when I first went digital.

So here we are on our second round of inseminations, no pregnancy yet, and I've already got my registries stocked. Occasionally, I'll decide to do some more research on some item or another. Today, it was diapers. Mombi and I have decided to do cloth diapers, and I can't tell you the hours I've spent reading reviews and explanations of all the different kinds of diapers out there.

It's not like disposables, where you have your choice of Pampers, Huggies, or store brand and that's about it. There are at least five different major categories of cloth diaper types, and literally hundreds of variations. Not to mention all the possibilities if I should decide to sew my own. Good grief! So I've been plugging away, deciding what type I want for what stage of the child's life, how many I should get, and which product reviews I believe. So far, I think I've decided and then changed my mind at least 6 times. My current favorites are Bum Genius one size fits all pocket diapers, except that they look too big for newborns, so I want to get something that is umbilical cord friendly for the first few weeks. Perhaps some fitteds or pre-folds. Of course, I haven't even started to think about diaper covers for them.

I have 9+ more months to decide. Ah, research heaven!

No comments: