Monday, March 05, 2007

33.5 Week Appointment, and Lots of Parenthesis.

I had an OB appointment this morning, and things are still looking very good. My growth is right on track at 34 cm (that's height of fundus, not his length!) and Griffin's heart rate was 153 bpm. I have an appointment next week to have a follow-up ultrasound to see if the choroid plexus cysts are still there, so it looks like we'll have one more look at the kid before he arrives after all. Hopefully the scan will show a very healthy (if slightly constricted) little boy.

They also had me go over to the hospital (across the parking lot) to have blood drawn to check my thyroid levels again. I'd been slightly hypo at one point during TTC, and it was never re-checked after I stopped the meds. It was such a fiasco. There was some sort of major language barrier issue going on with someone who was trying to register for a procedure that they couldn't pay for and didn't need immediately, and there was only one person doing outpatient registration. So it took about an hour to get registered. Then I had to sit for another half an hour before the two (!) women who were doing all the blood draws for the entire hospital showed up at the outpatient lab. After an hour and a half of waiting, the draw took about two minutes. At least I also got to pre-register for L&D at the same time.

Anyway, by the time I was leaving there I was overheated and hungry and my back was killing me from their waiting room chairs, and on top of being hormonal and tired from not sleeping well last night, I was a mess. Something about me standing there crying convinced my co-workers and my boss that I wasn't having a good day. I made it almost exactly an hour at work before they sent me home. So now it's 2:00PM, I've just had lunch, I'm in my sweats, and I'm heading to bed. Thank goodness for sympathetic friends at work! Next time I need to just listen to Mombi in the first place when she tells me I shouldn't go to work. She totally called it this morning, but I resisted because I had stuff to do. Some day I'll learn.

4 comments:

battynurse said...

sorry the hospital visit for labs was such a pain in the hiney. Glad you got to eventually come home and get some sleep though. Thanks for the book title.

Chelle said...

Bad days suck!! Glad you got through yours... and congrats on the W&D! Lifesavers they are. Be well!!

S&C said...

Sorry bout the bad day. Glad the baby is doing well :-)

Stacey said...

Yay for a great appointment. Glad things are going well. Angele just pointed out your due date is April 19th--that's Angele's birthday. You're in real trouble...she's a handful. ;)

Sorry about the long wait. I hate that. Glad that your work is nice enough to send you home.