Sunday, March 04, 2007

Having fun!

What a busy weekend. Well, not for me, I didn't do much other than sort out the junk boxes that have been collecting random stuff under the bathroom sinks for a few years. No, it wasn't nesting. Not yet. My mom came over this weekend to work on Griffin's room with Mombi, and she brought along a book on organizating techniques for ADD people. I read it cover to cover over two days, and thought of a lot of things I could do around the house to make it easier to keep up with the clutter, and decided that the bathrooms were as good a place as any to start.

Also, the "Fabulous Christmas Gift" from my parents that I alluded to so long ago is finally complete. I haven't taken pictures to post yet, but as I type this, I can hear the new WASHER AND DRYER doing their thing. Woo hoo! Mom & Dad brought the washer over a couple weekends ago, but we had only run it once since we didn't have a dryer yet. They came over yesterday to install the dryer. THANK YOU MOM & DAD!!!

This is huge. Our apartment complex has several laundry rooms, and the nearest one is only 30 yards or so down the sidewalk, but that's an insurmountable distance when you're pregnant or have back issues, so we've been really struggling to get laundry done for several months now. That's compounded by the fact that vandals have been messing with the machines lately, so half the time they're not available anyway.

Without the new machines from Mom & Dad, we definitely would have had to re-think the cloth diapering plans, at least for the first few months. Instead, we can now enjoy a fabulous high-capacity front-loader and a huge dryer. They aren't top of the line or anything, and the dryer is used, but they're absolute heaven to us. We had a stackable in our last apartment (provided by the complex) and we got spoiled by it, but these are in a whole new class. And let me tell you, the state of our bedroom floor is much improved already!

Griffin has been very active this weekend, and has been creating some very impressive belly contortions as he stretches and rolls. I'm starting to really feel like I have a big pregnancy belly. I've had a little one for a long time, but over the past few weeks I think I've crossed the divide from "you definitely look pregnant now" to "so how many weeks left?"

4 comments:

battynurse said...

I'd be interested in the title of that book on organizing techniques. Washer and dryer sounds like a great gift. I can't imagine what some do without them although I did for years.

Momai said...

I think the title is actually longer than the Amazon link. It's "Organizing Solutions..." by Susan C Pinsky. Here's a link to the book: http://www.amazon.com/Organizing-Solutions-Attention-Deficit-Disorder/dp/159233234X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/103-7712945-3211845?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173072506&sr=8-2

S&C said...

Washer and dryer was the best gift i ever got :-)
Glad you are feeling him move so much :-)

Holly said...

A washer and dryer are the best gifts! That's so wonderful!
So the belly's getting bigger? It's getting closer and closer to Griffin's arrival!!