Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Guava Juice and Goldfish Crackers

Wow, it's been a while since my last post. Sorry about that, folks. What can I say, I've been busy being pregnant.

Friday was the baby shower at work, and it was fabulous fun. My friends and co-workers were incredibly generous, and as a result we have very little left that we need to get before Griffin arrives. And we have a LOT of thank you cards to write!

From what I can tell, the nursery is really coming along. I think they're planning to finish it next week. Cool!

I had an OB appointment on Monday and my first internal check. He's positioned well, and my cervix was still long and tight. That might be starting to change, though. I've definitely been feeling more Braxton Hicks lately, to the point where it sometimes feels like menstural cramps. I've been feeling him a bit lower the past few days, although not enough to relieve my heartburn. Mombi wants him to hang out with me at least another week and a half, preferably three weeks. I'm hoping for around two more weeks, so I can get my temporary replacement at work fully trained (or close enough) but not have too much extra time to hang around the office after that.

I'm still dealing with major heartburn (thank you, Pepcid, for some sweet relief!) and the pain below my ribs on the right. Pain in that area is apparently a less-common symptom of pre-eclampsia. My OB had me get some bloodwork and an upper abdominal U/S done to check for it, since my blood pressure and protein levels have been fine. The bloodwork came back fine, and I haven't heard on the ultrasound yet. Presumably, it's fine too. Of course, that doesn't help me deal with the pain, since it's still not clear what it is. Ah well. I've also developed some pregnancy carpal tunnel in both wrists, so now I'm wearing double wrist supports, too. Fun!

Griffin is still very active, although now it's more of a shift and push motion than a bouncing kick. I still can't tell what's what in there, apart from the occasional leg-and-butt shape when he's pressed out against one side or the other. I can't tell a foot from an elbow from a hand from a knee, though. Speaking of which, time to go do my kick count for the day. Catch ya later!

3 comments:

Chelle said...

omg - you're getting SO close!!! Glad the shower went great. I'm sure it was loads of fun! I think I told you my sister's rib(s) fractured on her right side when she was carrying both of my nieces. She's very short-waisted. I know it was constantly very painful for her.

Momai said...

Yup, you mentioned that. My ultrasound came back all normal, so my bet now is definitely on a muscle tear. I don't think it's a rib because it doesn't hurt when I push in on it from the side or take a deep breath, only when I contract my abdominal muscles or put physical pressure on it. I'm getting better at not agravating it, though, which is good!

Chelle said...

Oops, I hate being redundant! Hang in there!!