Monday, April 23, 2007

Happiness is...

...posting a blog (or doing pretty much anything) with a baby sleeping on your chest.

Life is grand. Apart from some sleep deprevation, we're all doing great. The first couple days with Griffin home were definitely rough, particularly in terms of sleep (us not getting enough) and food (me not producing enough) but we seem to be much improved on both fronts. I'm coming to realize just how short a six week maternity leave is, though. He's already over two weeks old! I know that anyone else will laugh to hear it, but he seems so grown up! He had his first well baby visit at 12 days old, and had already gained an inch of length. Wow!

We took him to my brother's house on Saturday for a bar-b-que, and had a great time. They have three little girls, ages 7, 3, and 2. Sydney, the two year old, seemed so tiny and young just a few weeks ago. It's amazing how time and perspective can change so quickly.

I'll post more photos soon, I promise. Right now I've got an adorable baby snoozing on my lap, and the camera is on the other side of the room.

7 comments:

Chelle said...

Two weeks already! Growin' from little bird to little man... SO glad you're all doing well. Butterfly kisses to Mr. Griffin!

Unknown said...

Things seems to be going great! Can't wait to see more pic's!

The Mother Hen said...

Glad it is going well. Can't wait to see more pics! Maternity leave should be paid for at least 3 months. Moms in this country need to do something about that. 6 weeks isn't nearly long enough. Although 3 months wouldn't be long enough for me either.

Anonymous said...

maternity "leave" in the usa is just a freakin' joke. the uk and canada have a much better deal.

glad griffin is doing so well. :)

Unknown said...

I am happy things are going so great for all of you! I was just sitting here yesterday thinking about how fast your maternity leave was going...I can imagine how fast it is going by for you. Enjoy the rest of your leave with your family, they grow up so quick. (and I don't think you are crazy for saying he seems so grown up already, it flies by!!!!)

This is your trusty fill-in BTW :-)

battynurse said...

You're right, doing anything with a baby sleeping on your chest is awesome. Thats the main thing I miss about working NICU, the nights where I had some free time and a baby that wanted to be held. Glad Griffin is doing well.

Sacha said...

Wow, I can't believe you only get six weeks.

BTW, he's adorable!