Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Introducing... The Nursery!

I finally got to see the nursery on Sunday night, and it's awesome! It was after dark so I took photos with the "mood lighting." The twinkle lights behind the fabric wall are on a dimmer, so they can be set to glow as gently as we want them.

On the side of the room that you can't really see in the pictures, there's a set of shelves and an antique bed that will be used by guests, or by us if we need to sleep over with Griffin. The bed has a fabulous quilt and matching pillows, done in the same fabrics as the rest of the room. Mombi and my mom really outdid themselves!


I really like the colors, because they're soft enough to work for a baby but bold and fun enough that they'll still work for many years. The whole thing is so versatile! Mom also surprised us with a glider, which is very comfortable, and two floor rockers so that we can have back support while playing with Griffin on the floor. Brilliant!

17 comments:

Sarah and BB said...

I love the colours!!! It's wonderful!

Kim aka Mommy said...

What a great room! I love it! Can I sleep over? :o) The bright colors are just awesome! GREAT JOB!!

Holly said...

I LOVE IT!!!
What a happy warm feeling nursery! It's so wonderful!

battynurse said...

that is very cool. I love it. That is such a neat idea that they did.

The Mother Hen said...

That is so beautiful! I especially love the twinkle lights. Ethan loves to look at lights.

Unknown said...

I love the nursery! And I think it is so cool that they kept it a secret and you stayed out of the room! How awesome!

Merr said...

What a cute room. Very creative. Grifiin is going to love it!

The Milk Maid said...

Awww- What a beautiful nursery! It looks so warm and inviting... Just add baby! What a lucky little man to have 2 awsome moms like you ladies!

C said...

Wow, what a unique room...love the vivid colors. Your little one will LOVE his room!

Anonymous said...

this is gorgeous! well done, mombi!

Stacey said...

looks great!

singletracey said...

adorable! I love the colors.... It looks soothing and I want to take a nap in there!

I cant believe how time is flying by......

Momai said...

Thank you, everyone! Mombi is thrilled by all the positive comments, and I'll be sure that my mom gets the word as well!

Anonymous said...

Wow! too cute! I bet the baby will love it! {Is that a grumpy kitty hiding under the crib in one pic?}

Stonecat said...

Lovely! Tis simply beautiful - Ocean remarked that she couldn't see how you stood not seeing it - her nesting thing was so strong she painted three rooms before paul was born

Chelle said...

Fabulous room!!!! Such good ideas - the floor rockers, wow! Mombi and your mom did amazing work.

Estella's Mom said...

I love the colorful nursery! Great job