Saturday, December 02, 2006

20 Weeks and 2 Days Down, 138 Days to Go!

Wow, we're over halfway there. Of course that's counting the first two weeks when I was on a bunch of hormones, and assuming that I won't be significantly late delivering, which I very well may be. Still, the magical 20 weeks has been achieved.

It really is amazing how much the sensation of pregnancy can change from week to week and month to month. I can still remember how amazingly exhausted I was for the first few months, and the mild nausea I felt constantly. Those are gone now apart from the occasional gag reflex due to smells. Currently the main "symptoms" are: tickling from the boy as he thumps the sides of his swimming pool, and continued nightly dreams involving food. It doesn't seem to make any difference what type of dream it is, my subconscious manages to get food in there somewhere.

Mombi bought me some fabulous flannel pajamas with a retro snowflake pattern in red and lime green, so I'm sitting pretty. And they've got plenty of room for a growing belly, so I'll probably be wearing these very frequently until April at least!

4 comments:

Sarah and BB said...

WOOHOOO!!

Happy half way point!!

Anonymous said...

Down low on the downhill side... beautiful. You can COAST now, right? Hope it's smoooooth sailing. Cheers to kickin' it in flannel jammie bottoms!!

Anonymous said...

yipee...amazing to me that you lovely ladies are at 20 weeks already....wow! Before I know it, you will be announcing your angels weight & length...can't wait.
How are the nursery plans going? Any neato theme ideas?

Stacey said...

Congrats on reaching 20 weeks! It's an exciting milestone. :) Continue to enjoy the 2nd trimester--things start getting uncomfortable in the 3rd. LOL