Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Getting a Nice Stretch

Life is good. There really isn't much to report on the pregnancy front, but we're having fun anticipating having a little baby boy in the house. It's all so exciting just to contemplate. Skippy is moving so much now that I feel him consistently throughout my waking hours. Mombi somehow always knows just where to put her hand to feel the next big kick. She and Skippy are going to be such a duo!

Apparently he's quite active during my sleep, too: Last night I dreampt that he gave a huge kick and stretched out to full length, and my belly took on the shape of his front side, all the way from his profile on my left side to his feet popping out on my right. Then he decided (in my dream) that he wanted to come out and hang around with us for a while, and suddenly he was there, perfectly formed and fully grown and super cute. He suffered his first "mommies don't know everything" disillusionment almost immediately, though, when we told him that we had no idea how to get him back inside me. Still, his immediate needs were met (he claimed to have come out because he was hungry) and it was a very happy visit all around. What a good baby we have!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was an amazing dream, and so well transcribed... Thank you! Glad things are going so very well!!

Anonymous said...

The crazy dreams are so funny. :) Glad things are going well!

Anonymous said...

What a funny dream! I think Lois had a dream about him coming out one night and being afraid to wake me up.
Our little guy is a real mover in there as well. What a feeling!