Friday, February 09, 2007

.75 is a Huge Number

Wow, we're 3/4 of the way through this pregnancy! It's really amazing to realize how quickly the time has gone by.

This morning I was woken at 3:30 by my cat flopping down in the hammock made by my belly and my body pillow, and Griffin promptly attempting to kick her back off again. The cat, of course, was not disturbed in the least, so it was up to me to shift her once it got uncomfortable. That adventure over, I stayed awake for another hour or so, just playing with Griffin and trying to find a comfortable position.

It struck me all at once that I soon won't have him thumping and poking and wiggling and tickling inside me any more, and it made me rather sad. Not sad enough to wish he'd stay in there longer, mind you, but prematurely remeniscent none the less.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Congratulations on being 3/4 of the way there!!!

I remember Riley kicking Whoopi when she started purring on my belly. :P

Unknown said...

Congrats on being .75 of the way through!!! That is so awesome! You are almost there girls... hang on!!!

Sacha said...

I'm also feeling sad about not feeling the little guy in my belly.

Congrats on 30 weeks. I always forget how close we are. You deliver early and I stay on time and our boys could be born right at the same time.

I actually won't let the cats sit on my belly because it squishes it too much and is uncomfortable. Poor girls.

Chelle said...

I watched the National Geographic "In the Womb" program on YouTube the other day... and I thought of you. It's all so trippy and freakishly unlikely yet common. 3/4 of the way through... well there's still plenty of time to enjoy your pregnancy. Maybe it's part of the nature of things that the last couple weeks are so horribly uncomfortable that your anticipation grows and cancels out any fondness for the pregnancy itself. :) Looking forward to your posts every step of the way!

C said...

Wow....time is FLYING by on my end in regards to your Pregnancy. I feel like it was almost yesterday that you were announcing your BFP!
Like Chelle, I look forward to your posts leading up to the BIG Day!

Momai said...

Chelle - In the Womb is on you tube??? Awesome! I'm going to have to find it. I rent it from the library once every couple months as it is, but it's often already checked out and I have to reserve it. Thanks for the tip!