Monday, February 26, 2007

The Nursery Adventure

Well, it's officially begun: the big push to finish Griffin's room before he arrives. As you may or may not know, the nursery is being kept a surprise from me. Mombi has taken it on as her special project, and I won't get to see it until it's done. My Mom came over yesterday, and she and Mombi spent several hours in Griffin's room planning things out. Then, they went shopping. They both seem very excited about it, and I can't wait to see what they're up to!

Stage 1, apparently, is to weatherproof our small back porch as much as possible, so that Mombi can work out there. I also know that there will be a significant amount of sanding involved, as well as some painting. Other than that, the only other clue I have is that it's "something I would never expect." Based on that, I did find it necessary to confirm that they haven't decided to switch the theme to Nascar. Thankfully, no. I'll keep you posted of any new developments!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting! I hope you'll post pictures when it's done!

S&C said...

Wow thats exciting!
I am sure it will be amazing!
Do you have any idea when it will be done?

Momai said...

Their goal is to have it done in a month, which would be 3.5 weeks before I'm due. It's going to be very busy around here!

battynurse said...

I think I would be going crazy with the suspense of the whole thing. Sounds like fun though.

Chelle said...

Phew! No Nascar!! That sounds like so much fun! Lookin' forward to hearing all about it!

Anonymous said...

this sounds very exciting! it seems to be the done thing for expectant grandmothers to get involved in organising the nursery - it's happening all around me, and my own mother is champing at the bit to do ours.

Unknown said...

that is such a neat idea! Sounds like something Kris would do.... I can't wait to see what it is!