Wednesday, February 14, 2007

So Much Love!

This picture was taken a few years ago, when Mombi worked at a daycare in Denver. She had some crazy dreads at the time, so for "silly hair day" on Valentine's day, she tucked them under this black wig and a shocking pink bandana. She bucked the system and their "no hats" policy daily with her crazy bandanas. (I think she had every style they sold at the local craft store!) The kids absolutely loved her. This is one of my favorite pictures of her, because it shows her phenomenal smile and goofy sense of humor.


I try to express daily to Mombi just how much I love and adore her. I talk about her so much at work that when she stops by the lobby of my office building to meet me for something, people entering/exiting recognize her from the photo on my desk (not this one), address her by name, and ask how she's doing. She's my best friend and the greatest romance I've ever had. She has an amazing sense of humor and comic timing. (We laugh together a lot!) I love the way her mind puts things together in unexpected ways. She's constantly doing sweet things for me. She has a great smile, gorgeous eyes, and naturally perfect eyebrows. She's a great storyteller. She's amazing with kids. Heck, she's amazing with adults.

I could go on for much much longer, but I'm sure that we'll all have an overdose of "love blogs" today. So I'll just say that (as my little sister puts it) I get all warm and squishy inside when I think about the fact that next year it will be all three of us together for Valentine's Day.

I love you, Mombi!!!

5 comments:

underdog said...

post a pic of the BOTH of you whilst you are still pregnant! Would love to have current faces with names!

Chelle said...

She's adorable! You're adorable! Your post was adorable!! Happy Valentine's Day to Ai, Bi & Gi!!

Anonymous said...

as it should be - love to you guys - happy valentine's day - p.s. I shared "Mirrormask" with a co-worker today.

Unknown said...

That post was so adorable! That was one of the sweetest things I have read. Happy Valentines to the both of you!!!!

Unknown said...

I want to see a current picture too!!!!