Saturday, February 17, 2007

Too good not to share.

There are some great web sites out there for parents. Here's one of my favorites: http://www.parenthacks.com/ There are reviews of particularly good products, but the majority of the site is actually suggestions sent in by parents for ways to do things easier or better, with comments from other parents. I just visited it for the first time in a while, and read that breast milk is a very good cure for eye infections. Who knew? What a great website.

What parenting sites do you really like?

In other random web news, we are now registered at Target and Babys R Us. If you know my legal name or Mombi's, you can look us up. If you don't know our true names but are longing to buy us something, let us know. We're nowhere near as stocked as some of our internet friends (we haven't even been inside a baby store since we got pregnant) but due to some very generous gifts from friends and family, we already have much of what we need.

5 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

I also enjoy Parent Hacks. Some other sites that I frequent are www.mothertalkers.com and www.mombian.com and www.kiddley.com. Enjoy!

S&C said...

Wow i have been to like 300 baby stores and we wont have a referral for another 2 1/2 months LOL
I do have to say i still registered online. Its just so much easer!
When is your baby shower?

Momai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Momai said...

I'm not sure when the shower at work will be. I have a hunch that it will be this Friday, though, because someone asked me "Isn't your shower today?" last Friday. People have been asking me where we're registered, so I'm sure it's happening soon.

We're not really planning one outside of work, since most of our friends are work friends, and most of my family is in Michigan and Mombi's is scattered all over. If we were closer to our extended families, it would probably be different.

My immediate family here in TN has been showering us with gifts anyway, so a "shower" would be overkill. However, we do plan to have a clothing party. I'm going to get a bunch of plain shirts and onesies and we're going to get together and decorate them with fabric markers and such.

So the short answer, I guess, is hopefully soon, so we'll know what we still need to get!

Holly said...

thanks for the parenthack website - and I will have to check out the sites wendy & karen suggested!!!