Thursday, February 22, 2007

Slowing Down

Ugh. Today, the question from everyone was "Are you feeling OK?"

With exactly 8 weeks until my due date, I'm starting to move slower, and more carefully. My bladder requires special coddling in order to get from place to place without staging a demonstration. My pelvic floor is aching. Heartburn makes breathing uncomfortable. Overheating is inevitable. And my left foot has started rubbing against the top of my most comfortable shoes, so I'm limping a bit.

Other than all that, though, I feel great! I just love thinking about what's coming, and every twinge and ache reminds me of the amazingness that's happening inside. Add to that how incredible Mombi is, and how much I'm enjoying the extra closeness that this experience has brought us. She's been unfailingly supportive and positive, and we're having a blast imagining life with Griffin.

5 comments:

SJayneI said...

You're getting close! How exciting!!!

I changed my blog name from TheCreationOfOurFamily to AsThePigFlies.

Unknown said...

you are on the home stretch girl... I can't wait!!!

The Mother Hen said...

You are almost there! Then when he gets here you won't believe how fast time flies.

Stacey said...

You're almost there! The uncomfortableness will soon be over and you'll be holding your little one in your arms. :)

I hated the "how are you feeling?" questions over and over again. I always said, "I'm pregnant, not broken."

Chelle said...

The 8 week countdown!!! And sounds like you're holding up great! (hehehe) I just bought myself a pair of Crocs - no pressure points! But a little goofy looking. Just a thought. :)