Sunday, October 01, 2006

CAUTION: Subconscious Liberal Gunslinging

Some pregnant women dream that they're in a situation where they have to defend their child. Yep, I've had a couple of those, too. But last night I drempt that I somehow snuck into a fundraiser/speech featuring Goobus Maximus, our illustrious (here meaning "having no luster") leader, Mr. George Witless Bastard.

Ooh, and I got him good. During the open discussion period, I used all those bland generic comments that his writers love so much (because he can't mess them up, and because no one can proove later that he meant one thing or the other.) He held me up for the audience as a fine example of American youth and intelligence and "the next generation of independent thinkers working for the good of the people."

Then, I expanded on those points, in the direction I believe they should be expanded. It felt so good to see that "I'm not sure but I think this could be very bad for me" face staring dumbly back at me, while behind him his constituancy involuntarily nodded their heads to what I'd said.

Oh yeah, I'm ready to be a parent. And the first thing I want to do is to put that brainless jerk (and the folks doing the steering) into a nice long time out.

1 comment:

Wendy and Karen said...

I'm right there with you! I've had all kinds of similar dreams/thoughts since knowing a baby was on the way. It's amazing how I feel so ready to stand up and take on whatever comes our way. In the past, I've been pretty quiet when it comes to possibly confrontation situations, but my backbone feels firmly in place now!

- Karen