Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Thank You, Sherpa!

(First, a call out to Lesbian Dad, who coined the use of this term for supportive partners of pregnant women. Well done!)

My lovely Mombi is off on her first middle-of-the-night supermarket raid, in search of Breyer's brand coffee ice cream, crunchy cheetos, and the makings of barbeque sandwiches, complete with coleslaw, which she loathes. I'm camped out on the couch, watching Mirrormask and awaiting her victorious return.

The most brilliant part is that it was all her idea. Ah... now that's love.

3 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

I am totally on board with the whole sherpa thing! I love my role as sherpa and cheer others on in their quests. I hope the middle-of-the-night supermarket raid made for a fun and tasty evening for you both!

- Karen

Anonymous said...

my sherpa hasn't been required to do any middle-of-the-night supermarket raids... it sounds like a very generous thing to do! actually, i don't think we have a 24 hour shop anywhere near us, so special k had better hope i keep sleeping through the nights craving-free.

Holly said...

oh yes, the late night supermarket raid. I am a little jealous that BBQ sandwich fixings were never on the list.
I had some Marie Calendar's frozen pot pie, tortilla chips, canned pineapple and ice pop trips though.
Hey, it's my job! I'm a sherpa for my pregnant wife!