Saturday, October 21, 2006

Twitch to the Left! Twitch to the Right!

OK, so how long will it feel like someone is digging in my belly button at random times of the day? The twinges and stretches on the side quadrants are no big deal. And the ones below I'm learning to deal with. But come on now... As an adult, I do understand that my belly button is not directly connected to the baby's by way of the cord, as I once thought.

So what gives? Why should the expansion of my uterus make it feel like someone is stretching a rubberband that's tied to its backside? Can I look forward to this ending any time soon, or should I just get over it?

3 comments:

Holly said...

It is not going to end anytime soon! Sorry.
;-)

Momai said...

Yeah, that's what I figured. Ah, well. Today it's the outside that's giving me issues, so at least they take turns. Today the skin is protesting, and tomorrow we'll be back to the uterus.

Wendy and Karen said...

I loved this post. Although I'm at 13 weeks, I've already had the uterus-stretching feelings. It was validating to read you describe them as well. And it does feel like rubber bands! - Wendy