Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Well, This is a Surprise!

No, it's not really as exciting as the title makes it sound, but I have to share with you a fabulous phenomenon that I've been experiencing since I got pregnant. No smell. No, I don't mean that I can't smell anything. I mean that I haven't needed deodorant since week 4 or so. Crazy, no? I don't know which hormone is controling my underarms right now, but I hope it isn't one of the prescribed ones, because I'd be sorry to see this little benefit go when I stop taking Prometrium and "the Estradol one" this weekend.

In other good news, it looks like I didn't have a virus last week, so I don't need to worry that I made anyone sick by trying to go to work that way. The bad news is that I made this discovery by having the same symptoms again starting last night, and now I'm pretty sure that it's food poisoning caused by beef sticks I had in my fridge. Needless to say, they are no longer there. Just in case it wasn't the beef sticks, though, I've decided to start keeping a food journal. Hopefully it will help me to track what I can and can't eat these days. It really doesn't help that the rules seem to change from day to day, either! In any case, it's another busy day at work today, so I'm just going to have to deal with it and try to stay hydrated better this time around.


Skippy in profile. No, that's not a boy part. I think it's either a bit of the umbilical cord or a foot all tucked up.
Oh yeah, and we had a sonogram yesterday! And no, that's not a boy part you see. We've got at least a month until we'll be able to see (or not see) that. Skippy was moving around and stretching like mad. The nurse and tech said we might need to get a baby-sized Lazy-Boy!

Skippy turned to face the camera, rubbing eyes, with mouth open and feet tucked up
I tell ya, there's a major fringe benefit that comes from using a fertility doctor... they do lots of ultrasounds to make sure that everything is perfect! Most people these days only get one or maybe two during their entire pregnancy, but I've been getting them every two weeks.

Of course, that's only true through next week, when I'll be released from care with Dr. V and will start seeing my regular OB. I have no idea what her policy is. I think I want to get one of those doplar listening things, because I can't imagine not being able to "check in" with Skippy as regularly as we have been. I get worried as it is, I can't imagine going months without seeing Skippy bouncing and swimming around in there!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Great pics! I wouldn't worry about the doppler. The doctor will use it when you go for appointments and you'll get to hear the baby then. In just a while you'll start feeling the baby and that will be reassurrance enough. ;)

Not smelling, eh? I have not experienced that. I'm pretty sure I still smell when I sweat. :-P

Momai said...

Yeah, I read somewhere that pregnant women sometimes smell really bad, so I was worried about it. I guess I lucked out, because my complexion is better than usual, too.

singletracey said...

little skippy looks to be doing so well! Gosh time is flying.. I saw you had under 200 days left! YIKES!!!!