Monday, October 09, 2006

What counts as dehydrated?

OK, so I had a virus or something at the end of last week (mainly Thursday and Friday) and I guess I got dehydrated, because I've been pretty lethargic and very thirsty since then. I did the little test where you pinch the skin on the back of your hand to see if it goes back down quickly, and according to that I'm fine, but I read that if I get too dehydrated, Skippy's swimming pool could get too small and cause deformities because s/he won't have room to stretch out while bones are forming.

I called my RE's office this morning, but I haven't heard back yet. What do you think I should do? I don't want to go to the hospital if they're just going to tell me to drink more sports drinks. My belly feels over-full with liquid as it is! My mouth is still dry, though, and it's got me worried.

Anyone else experience something like this?

No comments: