Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Cat has Spoken

Yesterday morning, our cat Basil made her prediction on Skippy's sex. As I was browsing a page of posts on a message board, she casually walked across the laptop. As she did, she precisely highlighted a single word. That word happens to be the first name we picked out for Skippy if Skippy is indeed a "she."

Yes, cats walk on keyboards all the time. but when was the last time you saw one move a mouse to a particular spot, then press down the mouse button while sliding the cursor over a single word, then let go of the mouse button before stepping off the computer? I ask you.

If she's right, she'll be gloating for months.

3 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

This is hilarious! I do think cats are very attuned to the vibe of the universe so I wouldn't be surprised if your cat has it pegged! And... you're likely very, very right about the cat gloating if it is right...how funny!

Anonymous said...

Ah, but cats can be very mischievous! I wouldn't doubt she did that just to see your reaction. Was her self-satisfaction accompanied by a smirk? I wouldn't trust my cats as far as I could throw them. (Woops! How did that slip out!?)

:) (feeling a bit dev'lish today myself...)

singletracey said...

You are so funny! I love it. I just asked my cat right now if she would like mommy to have a human baby here with us.. the female purred and turned her head.. the male (who I wasnt talking to)came running over... wonder what that means!!?!?!