Saturday, November 18, 2006

Things are moving...

...both figuratively and literally!

Mombi and I have both felt Skippy moving, so there's something new to think about, at least. Mainly, it's just a waiting time now until next Wednesday when we will (hopefully) find out if we're having a boy or a girl. It'll be standing-room-only in the sonogram room, since my mom and sister are going to be there for it along with Mombi and me.

I think we've finally got our child's potential names decided, so that's a plus. No decision yet on when we'll tell the world, though, since we may change our minds again in the next five months. I doubt it, but then again I thought we had them decided for sure before I even got pregnant, and they're totally different now than they were then.

So once we know the answer to the girl/boy question, that'll give us a much stronger basis for visualizing and imagining what the future will hold. Until then, there's not much we can do to prepare other than talk to my belly (or dance with it, in Mombi's case) and stay well rested and fed.

Speaking of which, the food dreams continue. Last night I drempt that I was helping to clean up after a huge corporate potluck. (For those of you who know where I work, the one I was dreaming about was not the same as the one we had on Thursday!) Anyway, I got there just as it was time to clean up, and so I was stuffing my pockets and loading my arms with all the remaining food that I could carry, including a bunch of fancy european chocolate that was melted in its wrappers because someone had set it out right next to the coffee maker. That was some of the saddest ferero rocher chocolate I've ever seen. The ones in those triangle packages looked ok, of course, but I'm sure they were mush inside, too.

For some reason there was also an entire bushel basket and a half of blueberries there, but the person in charge wouldn't let me have any of them. Not even a single berry. Ah, well. I'll get some one of these days. Probaby frozen, but that's OK by me. I love blueberries.

1 comment:

Wendy and Karen said...

Wendy's feeling our little one but nothing can be felt from the outside yet. Like you, we're really looking forward to finding out boy or girl (we find out on Dec. 4). Can't wait to hear what you guys find out!