Monday, November 27, 2006

So Many New Ideas

Wow, a little boy. We're so excited, and there's so much for us to learn! The last time I did any regular diapering of a boy baby was probably when I was in around 8th grade. That was quite a while ago! Mombi has done some more recently than that, but not much.

We've got some of the big decisions out of the way already, such as whether or not we're going to have the kid circumcised and what his name will be. The fact that the kid will have Mombi's last name popped out while I was talking to my maternal grandmother on the phone Thanksgiving. That was an interesting bit of conversation, let me tell you. She's been studiously glazing over the fact that Mombi and I are a couple for several years now. We've known that it would come down to this as far as whether she'll "get it" and acknowledge our relationship or not. We'll see how it goes. So far, all she's said (to my mom, after she got off the phone with me) is something about "so many new ideas to get used to" which could mean just about anything. When it comes down to it, though, babies are babies and kids are kids, and I know our family will get a warm welcome whenever we visit them (9 hours away).

There's still so much to figure out before he arrives, and even more after... It was quite a little mind-opener when Mombi pointed out that we'll have to find a sitter for the next Harry Potter movie!

No comments: