Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Love those pregnancy hormones.

On my morning and afternoon commutes, I like to listen to NPR (National Public Radio.) I'm an addict. I love the commentaries, I appreciate the news, and the quirky stories make me smile. Except.... when I'm having a pregnancy hormone morning. Often, by the time I realize it, it's too late.

For example, this morning. I'm driving along, traffic isn't too bad, I'm running on time, and the radio isn't telling me anything more hideous than normal. I'm doing just fine. Then, a story comes on about the creation of the Charlie Brown Christmas special. I start tearing up, listening to how hard the creators pushed to get the music they believed in, when the network thought that jazz and christmas music couldn't mix. Luckily, I pulled in to a parking spot at work just as the children's choir number started. As it was, it only took me a moment to compose myself before I headed into the building. If I'd actually listened to those kids singing, there's no telling what could have happened.

When the story first started, I had every intention of watching it on TV tonight. Now? Let's just say I'll take the story as fair warning, and watch something safe like CSI.

No comments: