Friday, January 05, 2007

25 Week Appointment

I had my monthly appointment with the OB this morning, and everything is looking good. My bloodpressure is great, and my uterus is growing right on target. Griffin's heartrate is 143bpm, and once again he entertained us by kicking the doplar.

I also had a fun conversation with the RN about cloth diapers. She had no idea that they still existed, and was very intrigued when I was telling her about how far they've come. She told me about how much she loved using cloth for her two boys (who are now in their late 30's) and how much healthier she thinks they are for babies. I've decided to bring one of my bumGenius diapers to my next appointment to show her.

The only news I wasn't thrilled with was that I managed to gain another 10 lbs this month. I'm not surprised, since I haven't been making any effort to curb my intake, but it was still disconcerting to see the scale read over 200 lbs for the first time in my life. Dr. P said that as long as I don't gain more than another 20 or so, she'll be satisfied. Which is cool with me, since I had no intentions to try to hold my weight down during this pregnancy, anyway.

So what's next? Well, I have a glucose test in three weeks, and my next OB appointment in four. After that I'm guessing that we'll be switching to a two week schedule for check-ups. Fun fun!

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Glad you're doing so well!! And cloth IS cool!

Momai said...

Woo hoo to that!

Unknown said...

Glad things are going well for you... I wouldn't worry much about the weight gain... I am sure you will lose it when the baby is born! Cloth diapers are cool.. we had actually considered them. Do you still fasten them with the pins though? Wasn't sure how that works!

Momai said...

Oh goodness, no! You don't use pins, not unless you really want to go old-school. Here's a link to the ones we'll be using. They're bumGenius pocket diapers, and they're adjustable so that one size fits from 8 lbs to 35 lbs, so we only have to buy 25-30 diapers and some extra inards for night time, and we're good to go!

http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.php?cPath=98&products_id=954