Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Dreaming with Deadlines

"Realistic" dreams while pregnant crack me up. There I'll be chatting to someone or other, and my dream self will feel the need to tell them that I'm X weeks pregnant. Then I'll gesture down to my belly, which is flawlessly sized exactly as my physical one is currently. Or, someone will try to plan to do something with me for late April. "Sorry," I'll say in my dream, "but Griffin's due on the 19th so I'd be surprised if I am able to make it to that."

Lest you determine that I have a very literal mind, the same subconscious produces dreams in which I try to fit a cloth diaper on a little Griffin the size of a peanut.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

HAHAHAhahaha.... thanks for this!!

Stacey said...

Glad you mentioned the last bit because your dreams were too realistic for me. My dreams are always insane.

Momai said...

I suppose I should have mentioned that the conversations usually take place in very unrealistic situations. But yeah, they're too realistic even for my taste! I guess my subconscious still figures that the novelty of pregnancy is weirdness enough.