Thursday, January 25, 2007

Pining for the Craftmatic

OK, this looks a bit too propped up:



You know the commercial for the craftmatic adjustable bed, where the top and bottom fold up and back so quickly that you get pains just watching it? There are times when one of those beds actually starts to look like a good idea. I've had so much trouble with heartburn and acid lately that once every couple days I'll be woken up by a coughing fit resulting from hiccuping something toxic in my sleep. Only two things seem to help: lots of Rolaids, and propping myself up on lots of pillows so that my head, knees and right side are all elevated. I sleep like that for a few hours, but then it all gets pulled apart when I want to roll onto my right side for a while, and I'm back where I started. On the plus side, I can rationalize that I probably had to wake up to use the bathroom, anyway, so it's no big deal to make the nest again while I'm up.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I hear ya. I had really bad acid reflux a number of times. Feels much better now. I could use one of those beds for getting up though. Sometimes it's an ordeal to get up to pee in the middle of the night. I have to kind of roll and twist and use the nightstand just to push myself up. It looks pathetic.

Anonymous said...

Boy, the second I saw that picture, I thought "THAT's what I need." I'm totally sitting here with my "shouldn't have had that glass of wine with dinner" acid reflux. Papaya enzymes help, by the way, but nothing is better for me than avoiding my no-no foods and not over-eating.

C said...

All you need if you get this will be "The Clapper" and you are good to go. You could stay in bed & have food delivered until the delivery date!

Stacey said...

I find papaya enzymes help but it's very temporary relief. :/