Thursday, January 04, 2007

I love being pregnant.

Today I'm 25 weeks pregnant.

OK, so it can be uncomfortable and sometimes I'm a total wreck, but overall it's a fabulous experience being in Month 6.

The parts I could most do without:
1. Comments on what I'm eating. Yes, it's cold pizza for breakfast. So?
2. Comments on my expanding hips/thighs/nose/cheeks/etc. Yes, I've noticed it too.
3. Karate chops to the bladder. No less painful than a fierce bellybutton poke from the outside, an with much worse consequences.
4. Crushed digestive system. There's a reason it's the size and shape that it usually is, not mashed as it is now. And it's only going to get tighter in there.
5. Cycle back to #1 on this list, and you now have an answer to that question.

The parts I like the best:
1. The closeness and joy it brings to Mombi and me.
2. The little flutters that remind me that we're about to finally have a baby.
3. Catching people checking out my belly.
4. Being able to pick out a fabulous outfit for $10, even if it's WAY too small for me.

5 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

25 weeks! Hurray! I love your two lists.

Merr said...

That is great! I love the outfit remark! I totally agree.

Chelle said...

Congrats on the big 25! Made it well past the hump... I LOVE kids clothes! The most rockin' ensembles for cheap, cheap, cheap!!! Somebody in this family (someday) will dress well, if only through 5T... I can't wait to be pregnant!

Stacey said...

Great lists.

Baby clothes shopping is so much fun compared to shopping for clothes for yourself. Our Riley has a better wardrobe than us and she isn't born yet. Hehehe.

Congrats on 25 weeks!

C said...

I so agree with the wardrobe comment too...so fun! I love the lists made me smile. The time is ticking down.