Thursday, January 25, 2007

Advice from Mom

As a mother of four, my mom has been an incredible resource for me during my pregnancy. She's going to be at the delivery as our "doula" to support Mombi and me. As a woman who gave birth naturally four times and descibes it as "fascinating," she's exactly the sort of person I want to have around.

Yesteday I mentioned to her that I'll have my glucose test this afternoon. Her response? "Don't drink a chocolate shake on the way there; they'll make you come back later." She didn't say which of us she did that with, but I thought it was cool that she mentioned it just in case. She's been there, done that, and is ready to save me the extra trip. Thanks, mom!

5 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

She sounds wonderful!

Momai said...

She is! She's one of my best friends, and has been ever since I got through puberty. ;)

Unknown said...

I miss you guys. Meg and I keep up on your blogs. We're so excited and happy for you!!!

Stacey said...

Haha! Great advice!

Chelle said...

You've been very prolific this week!!! I'm impressed! I've been pretty busy being sick and all (actually have gotten a lot of WORK done), so haven't done a very good job of keeping up.

Hope you had the chocolate shake immediately after your glucose test!! Sounds like a perfect pick-me-up to me! And your mom sounds delightful -- I'm glad you're so close! Griffin's thumping and seemingly joyful play sounds absolutely huggable. Your partner's grace and aptitude with children sounds like a huge relief, as well as being sweet and special. And the bed thing? I know I'd like to experiment with a different position to deal with my sinus congestion... that toxic burn of acid reflux... ewww! That would lead me to some drastic measures!! But you seem to be handling it all so very well.