Friday, January 19, 2007

27 Weeks Down! One Trimester to Go!

Wow, here we are already. Looking pregnant, feeling pregnant... Griffin moves around so often that he already seems like a fully grown baby that's just hanging out and staying cozy. Although, of course, I suppose he can't be that cozy if he keeps trying to expand his living room out in each direction.

There hasn't been much to report on lately. I've been feeling a little bit of woozy in the mornings again, but I've discovered that the cranberry apple tea at work that used to be so ridiculously tart is now perfect with just the tiniest bit of sugar, and it seems to put the woozies to rest by 9 each morning. I'm finally wearing full belly maternity jeans, and they feel SOOOO good! Unfortunately I only have one pair that fits, but luckily I have a LOT of different shirts to wear with them.

Mombi remains incredible. I've been having a big sob fest once every week or two, usually when I run out of energy too early in the day and come home grumpy from work. She rubs my back and holds me and lets me get snot all over her, and eventually we are laughing together again. I ask you: If that isn't the definition of a great marriage, what is?

We're still fiddling around a bit with our registry on Target (Shame on BabyCenter for taking theirs away right when I wanted it!) although I think the important stuff is all on there now. We still need more diapers, of course, and the basic feeding and maintenance stuff, but the big one for us is this:



We love that the bassinet comes out and sits on its own stand (which can be either stationary or rocking). It's perfect for moving around the house with us, and we're not planning to have a separate changing table other than the one that is part of this play yard. And, of course, it's darned cute!

7 comments:

Sarah and BB said...

Wooohooo!! Yeah for the third trimester! I can't believe you are that far already!

And the bassinette is COOL!!

singletracey said...

I like that porta-crib/bassinet! I must study that a bit more :-)

I cant believe you are in the third trimester already! WOW.. Time flies.

When you spoke of your wife and the crying.. that made my heart melt. That is so true and so wonderful that you have that!

Chelle said...

You guys sound like a great team. And it sounds like Griffin can't wait to get out an join the team, with all the pushing, poking and stretching he's doing.

I'm so jealous! I can't wait to wear maternity clothes... I even thought of buying a maternity top the other day in hopes it might move things along for me. I restrained myself, however.

I'm glad you're feel so good. A little woozy and little tired (maybe even a lot tired some days), isn't too bad. And only 13 weeks to go! Yay!!!

Stacey said...

Congrats on the 3rd trimester! So cool to feel the baby moving around so much--makes it more real, eh?

That combi thing is really, really cool.

Momai said...

Here's a link to the Combi play yard:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_16/602-7440515-9299023?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000A1AF90

I've checked all the brand websites I could find, and didn't find anything else like it!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the beging of the end, i mean that in a good way. Thanks for the post today, and congrats on your third trimester, tell griffin we're all waiting to see him

C said...

WOW!!!!! I have NEVER seen anything like this & I thought I had seen it all. This looks so Incredible. I am super envious and now I want one too....looks VERY useful. Thanks for the Link...I am off to check it out. I am all ready for the sticker shock but before I look I will just remind myself...it is 2 pieces in 1. (LOL)