Sunday, January 07, 2007

Grocery Shopping While Pregnant

Have you ever had the experience of being in line at a grocery store, and looking at the purchases of the person ahead of you in line, and thinking "Huh, I had no idea you could buy that here." I'd guess that the average person only really sees 1/4 to 1/2 of the items in the store. We skip entire sections, and don't even glance at the stuff that doesn't look familiar.

When you're pregnant and grocery shopping, and even more so when you're hungry at the time, you end up buying someone else's cart of food. Things end up in there that you never would have seen or thought to buy otherwise. An example: Last night for dinner I had apple gorgonzola pizza. No kidding. And where did I find such a crazy thing? In the frozen pizza section of the local Kroger. For those of you out west, that's King Sooper. It was even the store brand, "Private Selections." I was supposed to get frozen pizza for dinner. Of all the options, the only one that looked really good was apple gorgonzola.

Mombi elected to have something else.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Yum! Sounds like my grocery cart. You could pair that up with a salad with champagne pear and gorgonzola vinaigrette dressing from Trader Joe's--my favorite!

I'd love to hear more about weird (to you) cravings and timings!

Anonymous said...

i've been craving tostidos with melted cheese and pickles on the side...yea we can get some pretty weird cravings....lol