Monday, August 28, 2006

6 Weeks and 4 Days Pregnant

I can't believe that I've only known that I'm pregnant for a few weeks. It feels like forever. I know, I know, we have a LONG way to go. It just feels like the natural state of affairs. No morning sickness yet, but I have been dealing with borderline queasiness for a few days now. I discovered an article on American Baby that lists some common foods that people find help them with morning sickness (other than crackers) and decided to try ginger candies, since I love them anyway. They really help!

I also bought a jar of sushi ginger to keep in the fridge for when I need heavy artillery. It taunts me every time I open the fridge, though, so now I'm thinking that I'm going to have to break out the rice cooker and roll some sushi! No raw fish, of course, but I'll settle for some nice veggie rolls. Yummy! Mombi is right next to me and she just said that she's craving cinnamon rolls with orange glaze, straight from the oven. Nope, I'd rather have sushi. What's wrong with me?

Oh yeah. I'm pregnant!

1 comment:

Wendy and Karen said...

We were just commenting last night that although we've known about our pregnancy less than 2 weeks, it feels like much longer. We also wonder at the amount of time and energy we expend talking about it, planning things, reading books on pregnancy and child-raising, etc! It's so very wonderful and yet we're both already wondering what was it we talked about before!