Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Let's Have Fun with BBT

(High Basal Body Temperature can be a sign of pregnancy.)

If your temp is up, you wonder if it is just because the cat was sleeping on your feet. If it goes down, you wonder if perhaps you had your covers on more tightly the night before. You monitor how many layers you have on you each night with religious ferocity. If you skipped the flannel PJ pants on 1DPO, they’re out for the rest of the cycle, no matter how cold you get.

If you’re on progesterone supplements, you wonder if you’d have a temp of 96.2 F without them. If you wake up 10 minutes before the alarm, you lay in bed motionless, think bland thoughts, and “pretend” to be asleep so that nothing will change before it is your exact usual time to take your temp.

The most recent temperature always indicates the trend. If it has gone down by .06 degrees, you couldn’t possibly be pregnant. You’re sure it will plummet the next day. If it goes up by .06, it’s time to celebrate and do some “nesting” before work, because this must be your lucky cycle.

If your temp chart looks like a zig-zag, Goddess help you keep your sanity. But if you do lose it, don't worry. It could just be a sign of pregnancy.

3 comments:

b. said...

I am in the throes of temperature agony, myself. Had a lovely rise on the day of insemination and nothing but dips since. (Well, I did have that .1 increase this morning...that's something, isn't it?) What I wouldn't give for the ability to just look inside my uterus to see if there's any activity - any at all - going on :)

Momai said...

No kidding. Can't we put a tracking device on the egg or something, like they (sorta) did in the DaVinci code? I know they make 'em small these days. We could just log on to our online account, and see the little dot on the uterine blueprint... "Oh look, it's stopped in the upper left quadrant of the uterus. That's a positive for implantation!"

b. said...

Thanks for the link - I have been OBSESSING over these little videos (& yes, I've even watched the Journey O' the Sperm whilst at work; I'm crafty that way). For a quick fix, I find this site to be rather satisfying. I'm really hoping that there's a morula floating around in my uterine cavity. Though that sounds less than romantic.