Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Other Side is Swell

I don't know how long this stage lasts, but so far the biggest change between TTC and being pregnant is that I'm no longer searching for signs that something could be very right, and instead I'm looking for signs that anything could be very wrong.

I'm still massively puffy and more than a bit uncomfortable from the drugs, and I look like I'm about 4 months pregnant, not just one! The nurse at my fertility clinic assured me that this can happen and that I should be fine. I'm to call them immediately if it suddenly gets much worse, starts to hurt, or makes me short of breath. It's probably just gas and hormones, but part of me insists on being worried that it's something very bad, like a triple ectopic pregnancy or something crazy like that.

I guess that I'll just have to wait until Monday's blood test to make sure my levels are still good. I'll have them poke my belly while I'm there and tell me if it's normal. In the meantime, I'm instructed to drink Gatorade. Yech.

By the way, my HCG level on 13DPO was 169. Pretty good!

No comments: