Friday, August 25, 2006

Bring on the Cravings!

Before I got pregnant, I assumed that I would be craving ice cream for 9 months, because I always crave ice cream anyway. I was looking forward to having a good excuse. Well, it hasn't exactly happened that way. For three weeks now, I've been craving vegetables. Baby peas in particular make me tremble with anticipation. Tomatoes are lovely, guacamole is good, and Chinese mixed veggies from the local take-out place are to die for. If only they were available in the vending machines at work!

So what about sweets? Well, so far I've just had a thing for flan. But any sweet treat (including the flan) can pretty much get in line behind the veggies. Yes, that's right, I'm chosing broccoli over chocolate. If I still doubted it, I now have definite proof that I'm pregnant!

5 comments:

Sacha said...

Mine is fruit. Peaches, nectarines, grapes...and starches. Bread, potatoes. But I want NOTHING I wanted to eat before sounds good. It really sucks.

Wendy and Karen said...

I envy your veggie cravings! If only I could crave veggies instead of sweets and entrees dripping in cheese and butter etc, I'd be ecstatic. (And I'm not even pregnant!)

- Karen

Momai said...

Sacha, I loved your post on Babycakes about the peaches, it totally cracked me up. I have a huge bag of mixed frozen fruit in the freezer, and I pulled out some peaches and ate them, just for you. You're right, they are good!

Momai said...

Karen, before I got pregnant it was all sweets, all the time. Ice cream was my major downfall. Especially Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby. Ever had it? Peanut butter filled fudge covered pretzel bits in vanilla icecream with a fudge swirl. Heaven.

Wendy and Karen said...

Cherry Garcia and Phish Food also make my top 10 list on the Ben & Jerry's honor roll of flavors. I visited the B&J factory in Vermont once and about died from the joy of ice cream in the making all around me. I'm holding strong at the moment (not a B&J pint in sight at my house) and have actually lost almost 40 pounds in the past few months. I promised Wendy that if she was going to be going up the scale during her pregnancy, I'd go down. So, I'm living high on veggies even when my cravings scream for B&J! - Karen