Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Our Success Factors


Whenever someone in the TTC community gets a positive pregnancy test, there’s a flurry of speculation about what made the difference that month. Since we got our BFP the first time we did an IUI, we can’t really tell you what we did differently. We can, however, share some of the factors that we credit with our success:

Soundtrack: There were some very appropriate songs playing on the radio right after our IUI that probably encouraged swimming in the right direction. See previous post for a list.

Dressing the Part: After the IUI, I wore my lucky Super Girl attire (not as pictured) for the rest of the day.

Good vibes: We hung around with my brother’s family a couple days after our IUI, and the happy kid vibe of playing in the pool with them probably helped to inspire and motivate our own little one.

Coaching: Mombi gave daily instructions to my abdomen, detailing what to expect next and what to do.

Gifts from friends: Our friend Amy gave our dog some squeaky toys as an early “big sister” gift a few days before we got our results. Our friend Fifi gave me a shirt that she envisioned me wearing during early pregnancy, which I wore the day I had my beta test done. I was wearing it when I got the results.

Of course, when it comes down to it, it's mostly a matter of luck. We don’t know if any of these will help you to get lucky in your own quest for the illusive BFP, but that’s what we "credit" with our success. Best of luck to all of you still trying. Keep the faith, and know that we're pulling for you!

1 comment:

Wendy and Karen said...

I do so wish there was an actual step-by-step list that could be checked off and when completed, we'd be pregnant! We're just a few days away from knowing if our first insemination was successful and are keeping our fingers crossed. We had some similar things to your list that we did (i.e. certain clothes, music, baby vibes from our friends little one, etc) so I'm hoping they will be the magic formula to give us a first time success too!

- Karen