Thursday, August 10, 2006

Great News to Share!

I'm pregnant!

For the past few days, I've been changing my mind every hour or so as to whether I was sure I was or sure I wasn't. I have to tell you though, I didn't realize just how not sure I was until the doctor's office told me I was pregnant. The nurse had to tell me twice. I just didn't believe that I'd heard correctly. I managed to stay totally calm while I got my directions (keep taking suppliments, come see us on Monday) and then hung up.

Immediately, I called Mombi. She answered on the first ring, but the connection was apparently not very good on her end:

"Hi! Did they call?"
"Yup! I am!"
"They told you?"
"Yes, they said I'm pregnant!"
"Did they call?"
"Yes!"
"Hang on, I can't hear you. Let me move over to the door. Sorry. Did they call?"
"Yup! And I am!"
"You're pregnant?"
"I'm pregnant!"

(This part you'll have to imagine, because I can't figure out how to type it. She started squealing and cheering and yelling Yes! Yes! Yes! and making lots of loud whooping sounds. She was holding the phone away from her mouth, so I figured she was also dancing and throwing her arms in the air. On my end, I had the phone about a foot away from my ear, and I could still hear her. I wish I had a recording of it!)

Then the phone went dead.

She called right back. "Sorry, I got too enthusiastic and lost the connection!" I don't remember much of the rest of the conversation, just lots of grinning and happiness.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to tell you congrats! I am mgrube12 on the NW Cryo board... I am so happy for you guys... I am hoping I will be joining you in the ranks very soon... !!!

Wendy and Karen said...

What awesome news! Hopefully we're right behind you. All the best to you both (um...make that, to all 3 of you)!

Momai said...

Thanks, everyone! (Hey yeah, all three of us! Wow!)

Holly said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!