Monday, August 21, 2006

So very, very tired...

The trip to Texas was fabulous, but pregnancy fatigue set in on our first full day there, and I was very sleepy the whole rest of the trip. I bet I spent over 50% of the time either sleeping or zoned out. Even now, I can hardly keep my eyes open. We had a good time, though. Mombi's dad and his wife are excited about our pregnancy (YAY!) and we had some great conversations with them about our upcoming plans.

The biggest event of the trip was that we all went to IKEA. I love their catalog, but I'd never been in one of their stores. Crazy us, we went on a Saturday afternoon! It was so busy that none of us could stand being there much over an hour, which was not nearly enough time to see the whole place. But we bought a rattle for the kiddo, and some funky fabric with which to make baby stuff.

Mombi found the most fabulous down-filled boluster pillow. It was all vacuum packed so we were going to pack it in our luggage like that, but the packaging somehow got punctured after we got it back to her parents' place, so I got to open it and use it. Let me tell you, it's one heck of a comfortable pillow. Her dad's dog kept barking at it, though. We're not sure what his issue was, but it was very funny.

We got back home around 11:30AM, and I immediately unpacked my precious pillow and fell asleep until 3. Then I woke up for a snack, followed quickly by my birthday dinner of 4-Cheese Totino's Party Pizza. I have never smelled anything so good in my entire life. What a great 28th birthday weekend. And to think... next year we'll have a 4 month old to celebrate with!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun, and happy Birthday!