Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Dream Post #1

Mombi has suggested that I ought to write down my pregnancy dreams somewhere. So I was thinking, how about here? I'll share last night's dream with you, and you let me know if you'd be amused by reading more, or if I should just keep this somewhere as a private torture. I'll warn you now, they almost all involve food in some way.

Mombi and I are at a Geico sponsored dinner. No, I have no idea why. It looks like we're some sort of special guests, though, because we're toward the front of the room. We're facing each other across the middle of a 6 foot diameter table, of the sort common in hotel banquet halls. The rest of the table's guests are all Geico salesmen, and they look almost identical. They probably aren't even related, but they have the exact same hair, and the exact same clothing.

As the dream opens, Mombi and I are giving each other looks of barely-contained misery across the table as the other guests laugh hysterically. Somehow I intuit (as we do in dreams) that Mombi and I have been stuck there for quite some time. There's cold and unappatizing food on our plates, the water glasses are nearly empty, and I'm longing for escape.

The laughter is just starting to slow when the guest to Mombi's left says (through gasps and snorts of laughter) "Wait... wait... I've got another one... Using Geico is so easy, a plumber could do it!" The table erupts with more laughter. "Ha ha ha! A plumber!" Then from one of the others: "Using Geico is so easy, a chiropractor could do it!" Some of the guys are literally wiping away tears at this point. One of them, whose face is beet red, is hooting like he's in labor. "Wah ha ha! A chiropractor! Woo-ee, that's a good one!" "Hey, hey, using Geico is so easy, a gas attendant could do it!"

This went on (in my dream) for about ten minutes, as Mombi and I stared at each other across the table, stony faced, pleading with each other to just get up and leave. Occasionally, one of the guests to our right or left would elbow us in the ribs, but for the most part they were totally oblivious to our presence. The dream ended as the head waitress indicated that we would be able to cash out in about half an hour.

I couldn't suffer through any more, so I woke up and went to raid the kitchen. Now, I leave it to you: Was that just too painful to read, or do you want more? I won't share them all, just the amusing/funny ones.

3 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

I vote for posting the dreams. Wendy and I do a dream check-in most mornings where we share our nightly dream adventures and then try to figure out what, if anything, they mean. We've had some pretty wild ones and get a kick out of sharing them.

Isn't it amazing what our unconscious (or is it subconscious?) minds do when we turn out the lights? Too funny!

So, what's your interpretation of this little Geico gem?

Momai said...

"It's not worth suffering bad food to eat in company that's even worse. Or vice versa."

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I vote that you post the dreams! :-D