Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Doin' the Happy Pregnant Dance

I just got a call from my doctor, and my HCG level is up to 952. In the nurse's words, that's outstanding. Just like my belly will be soon!

I know it won't be this easy forever, but today I'm really feeling that this pregnancy is going to treat me well. To be honest, it's actually Mombi that's treating me so well. She wakes me up with breakfast in bed each morning so that I can have lots of good food in my belly before I even get out of bed. She indulges my desire for peas for dinner. If I mention a food, she threatens to stock pile it just in case I develop a craving emergency. She gives the kiddo little zerberts and kisses. She gives me big zerberts and kisses. She is absolutely, hands down, the best woman in the Universe (sorry ladies, but it's true) and I can't imagine not having her here enjoying this with me.

So what's next? Well, a friend of mine is going to give me a crash course in knitting tomorrow, so I can eventually knit my own diaper covers. Party time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got a wonderful woman taking care of you. That is awesome!

b. said...

Stunning numbers! And what a loving partner. I love the word "zerberts" - not sure I've heard it before, but I'm guessing it's something like a raspberry? Pttttthhhht? :) Looking forward to hearing more pregnancy numbers!

Momai said...

Yup, same thing. Full contact raspberry. My dad's side of the family calls them "paintbellys." I have no idea where that name comes from!